Thursday, August 28, 2008

Taking a Trip

I'm excited about this weekend. Tricia and the kids and I are going to spend the Labor Day weekend with some friends that we've met recently and grown to love already: Glen and Sally Blumer. They live just south of Des Moines in Norwalk, Iowa. I've only been to Iowa once and that was just traveling up the western side on a trip from Louisiana to Montana. Can't say that I remember much about the state.

I guess the main thing I know about Iowa is how much fun I've had teasing Dave Ritter about how bad the Hawkeyes have been in football the last few years.

Glen and Sally are cyclists like Tricia and myself are, so I'm on my way to buy a bike rack that will go on the back of my minivan. Turns out it's hard to find a 4-bike carrier that attaches to the trunk/rear door instead of requiring a hitch receiver. But I found one almost by accident at Dave's Bikes in Joliet. Hope it's a good one...I'll let you know.

So any more cyclists out there? Where is your favorite place to ride?

No comments: