Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cultivate'09 & Story Chicago -Making Up For Lost Time

It seems like forever since I've attended a ministry/leadership conference. I may just go to two next week. I've been kind of eyeballing Story Chicago for a while now, wondering if I could get away for it. Today I finally did some checking into Cultivate '09 and it sounds like a perfect compliment to Story. Add in the fact that one is Tuesday and the other is Wednesday/Thursday and both within 45 minutes of each other... I smell a road trip!

I also smell a need to hit up some relative/friend in the Chicagoland area and avoid the cost of a hotel room... not that Crossroads wouldn't pay for a hotel room, but that's money that could be spent on ministry.

So who wants me? Honestly the closer to Aurora/Chicago the better as I'd rather spend my time catching up with friends than driving an hour home.

If you're within a decent drive of Chicago, and care about communication in or around church, check these two out. They both look amazing in their own rights. It takes a lot for me to want to be away from my family for three days, but this might just be the ticket.

No comments: